Casey’s General Stores, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASY) announced today that the Company has completed its final due diligence and will break ground on their first site in Kentucky later this month. This store will be located in Cadiz, Kentucky and will mark the 12 th state in which Casey’s operates.
“We are excited about continuing the development of our store expansion into other states,” said Robert Myers, President and Chief Executive Officer of Casey’s General Stores, Inc. “We plan to open our store in Cadiz later this summer, with additional sites in Paducah and Henderson to be built later in the year. We believe there are many communities in this state that fit perfectly with our business model.”
The Company also has land under contract in Tennessee with plans to break ground next fiscal year as well.
Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Casey’s is one of the largest convenience store chains in the country. As of January 31, 2012 the Company owned and operated 1,686 stores in eleven states. In addition to gasoline, Casey’s stores offer a broad selection of products including made from scratch pizza and donuts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV