NEW YORK, March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a national law firm concentrating on investor rights, consumer rights and enforcement of federal antitrust laws, is investigating potential wrongdoing at Wynn Resorts Ltd. ("Wynn" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: WYNN). The investigation focuses on whether certain officers and directors of Wynn violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") by providing improper monetary benefits to government officials in Macau.
Request more information now by clicking here: www.faruqilaw.com/WYNNThe Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") sent a letter to Wynn last month asking about a $135 million gift to the University of Macau Development Foundation. The SEC' s inquiry followed allegations in a lawsuit filed in January by a former director of Wynn and its largest shareholder, Kazuo Okada ("Okada"). Mr. Okada claims that the donation was improper because (1) the Foundation is connected to government officials who regulate gambling in Macau; (2) the Foundation sits on government owned land; and (3) the final installment of the payment is due in ten years, the precise moment when Wynn's Macau gaming license is set to expire. Should Wynn be found to be in violation of the FCPA, damages could range anywhere from fines and penalties to a loss of its status as a licensed gaming operator in the State of Nevada and elsewhere. Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP is a national law firm which represents investors and individuals in class action and derivative litigation. The firm is focused on providing exemplary legal services in complex litigation in the areas of securities, shareholder, antitrust and consumer litigation, through all phases of litigation. The firm has an experienced trial team which has achieved significant victories on behalf of the firm's clients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV