Indeed, if Goldman executives would lie, cheat and steal bagels, as far as some readers are concerned:
In some strongly worded language, JakeinTexas says it doesn't matter what we already knew.
"For those who had not heard of Goldman, plenty -- he was an insider from another country who, at one point enjoyed working there and sheds more light on how sleazy Cohn and Blankfein are and how a great firm has just become a joke."
JakeinTexas continued, "For those who, like me, who had friends working at Goldman in the early 90s, it merely confirms that Goldman has become just another boiler room operation, AND, for those smart young people who are thinking of going to Goldman or another Wall Street firm, like my cousin, it will give them pause and think, 'do I really want to work for a sleazebag company run by two sleazeballs?' "Indeed, among all the debate over the Greg Smith attack on Goldman, one thing is certain: It's more profitable to be a sleazeball than a Muppet. -- Written by Eric Rosenbaum from New York. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Eric Rosenbaum. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Eric Rosenbaum. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV