ATLANTA, March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- State Bank Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: STBZ) has been named best performing community bank in the United States, according to SNL Financial's annual list of best performing community banks between $500 million and $5 billion in assets for 2011.
"I am very thankful for the circumstances that make it possible for State Bank to perform so well in such difficult times," said Joe Evans, chairman and CEO of State Bank. "I believe we are laying a solid foundation for a bank that will serve our communities well for many years to come."
SNL compiled the rankings using six core financial performance metrics that focus on profitability, asset quality and growth for the 12-month period ended December 31, 2011. To see SNL's article about the rankings, click on the following link: http://www2.snl.com/InteractiveX/Article.aspx?cdid=A-14396929-13089
About State Bank Financial Corporation and State & Trust CompanyState Bank Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: STBZ) is the holding company for State Bank and Trust Company, one of Georgia's best-capitalized banks, with $2.75 billion in assets as of December 31, 2011. State Bank has locations in Metro Atlanta and Bibb, Houston, Dooly, and Jones counties in Middle Georgia. State Bank Financial Corporation is headquartered in Atlanta and State Bank and Trust Company is headquartered in Macon, Georgia. State Bank was named the top performing bank in the United States by Bank Director magazine's 2011 Bank Performance Scorecard, a ranking of the 150 largest U.S. publicly-traded banks and thrifts based on 2010 calendar-year financials. Since 2009 State Bank has been an active acquirer of the assets and deposits of failed banks in Metro Atlanta and Middle Georgia. To date, State Bank has completed 12 transactions facilitated by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV