BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to August's Biotech Stock Mailbag Live Chat. The floor is yours.
I'm here for the next 90 minutes or so to answer your biotech investing questions and hopefully spark some interactive debate on the hot biotech topics of the day. This chat only works if you participate, so please keep the questions and comments flowing.
Here are a few conversation starters:The calendar is chock full of FDA catalysts. Ariad Pharma (ARIA) and Talon Therapeutics (TLON) bring cancer drugs in front of FDA advisory panels next week. The following week, we should get FDA drug approval decisions for MAP Pharma (MAPP), Affymax (AFFY) and Chelsea Therapeutics (CHTP). And if that's not enough, don't forget about the FDA advisory panel set to discuss cardiovascular safety requirements for obesity drugs, which should be on the minds of anyone interested in Vivus (VVUS), Arena Pharma (ARNA) and Orexigen Therapeutics (OREX). On the drug development side of the ledger, research abstracts for the April's big European hepatitis C conference should be released any day. This is important for followers of Gilead Sciences (GILD), Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX), Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) and all the other Hep C drug stocks. Biotech investors won't get much of a breather after the Hep C conference because close on its heels comes the ASCO, the Super Bowl of cancer drug confabs. I wrote a column Wednesday outlining the cancer drug stocks that may run going into ASCO, including Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX), Ariad Pharma and Aveo Pharma (AVEO). Let's talk about all these stocks today, or any other biotech investing subjects that pique your interest. Please join me live. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV