Updated with closing share price.
The gadget maker, which recently unveiled its new iPad, briefly hit $600.01 in early trading on Thursday, just a few weeks after reaching $500. But the shares closed at $585.56, down $4.02, and at one point had fallen to $578.55 during Thursday's session.
Boosted by insatiable demand for its products, as well as the anticipated launch of a new iPhone and a new TV offering later this year, there has been plenty of chatter that the company's stock could surge to unprecedented levels.Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, for example, recently predicted that the firm's stock could reach $1,000, citing the continued popularity of the company's gadgets, and their ability to work well together. Earlier this week, Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty raised her Apple price target to $720, and hiked her earnings estimates. Huberty, however, believes Apple could go to $960 a share. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV