BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- You hear that? It's the sound of investor anxiety slowly retreating from stocks.
As impressive as this 2012 rally has been, it's been marred by extremely high levels of investor anxiety that have threatened to derail the S&P 500's climb every step of the way. Anxiety isn't exactly an easy thing to measure -- while instruments like the VIX give some indication about investor anxiety, directional bias means that they're a whole lot less effective during rallies.
But Treasuries do offer some clues about what people think about Mr. Market right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV