Rocky Mountain – North Dakota / Montana
- In the Bakken / Three Forks play in the Williston Basin, during the fourth quarter of 2011, 1 gross (<1% net) non-operated well came on-line and 2 gross (0.3 net) wells are currently drilling or awaiting completion. Additionally, we have recently elected to participate in 6 gross (0.6 net) wells that have yet to spud.
- The refurbishment of the Company owned drilling rig has been completed and the rig is currently on its way to McKenzie County, North Dakota to begin drilling its first multi-well pad site.
Rocky Mountain – Wyoming
- In Campbell County, Wyoming, the Hedgehog State 16-2H, a horizontal well targeting the Turner formation, was recently completed with a 17-stage fracture stimulation. The well is currently flowing back with encouraging initial results. Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in this well.
South Texas – Eagle Ford
- At December 31, 2011, Abraxas owned a 34.7% equity interest in Blue Eagle, a joint venture between Abraxas and Rock Oil Company, LLC.
- In McMullen County, Texas, the Cobra 1H, a horizontal well targeting the Eagle Ford Shale, was recently completed with a 15-stage fracture stimulation. The well is currently flowing back at very promising rates. Blue Eagle owns a 100% working interest in this well.
- In Alberta, Canada, the pipeline hook-up for three wells is underway and should be completed within the next few weeks. Two wells continue to await stimulation; however, the completions have been delayed as the availability of acid for the stimulations is in short supply. Canadian Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in each of these wells which have targeted the Pekisko formation.