WESTFORD, Mass., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cynosure, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYNO), a leader in laser- and light-based treatments for minimally invasive and non-invasive aesthetic applications, today announced it plans to introduce a speed and power enhancement for two of its most popular multi-purpose systems. The Company expects to launch the Elite™+ and Apogee™+ Aesthetic Workstations at the 70th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology March 16-20 in San Diego, California.
"With enhanced power, these new workstations can treat 44 percent more area per pulse than our current Elite and Apogee models," said Michael Davin, Cynosure's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The increased speed of treatment translates into higher patient throughput for practitioners and reduced treatment time for patients, while ensuring the safety, comfort and reliability that patients depend on. These next-generation systems demonstrate our focus on delivering innovative technology improvements that enable practitioners to provide the most comprehensive suite of products for applications that are in high demand."
Elite+ is a multi-purpose, dual-wavelength system used to remove unwanted hair, treat facial and leg veins and rejuvenate the skin by removing age spots and sun-damage -- all in a single visit. The revolutionary technology of the Elite+ combines two optimal wavelengths in one system: the 755-nm Alexandrite and the 1064-nm Nd:YAG. Practitioners can switch between wavelengths during a single procedure, allowing them to select the most appropriate laser for any hair or skin type.
Apogee+ is equipped with a 755-nm Alexandrite laser that permanently removes hair on a wide variety of skin types. In addition, it treats benign epidermal pigmented lesions such as age spots, sunspots and freckles. Current U.S. customers will be able to upgrade their existing Elite and Apogee workstations to the plus versions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV