ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, today announced the first Blink® DC Fast Charger location in the Seattle area. Located at the South Lake Union Discovery Center, which is operated by Vulcan Real Estate, the DC Fast Charger will be available for public use by spring 2012.
“This is a major milestone for the EV movement in Washington as this announcement marks the first of many Blink DC Fast Chargers to be deployed in the Puget Sound region,” stated Jonathan Read, CEO of ECOtality, Inc. “DC Fast Charging is critical for EV adoption as it provides drivers a faster charging option to extend their daily driving range and alleviates range concerns. Partners such as Vulcan understand that EVs are becoming a part of the automotive landscape, and we are excited to be working with them to roll-out the next generation of EV charging.”
Working closely with the local utility, Seattle City Light, the installation of the DC Fast Charger will be open to the public, and the first deployed in the Seattle region within The EV Project. The South Lake Union Discovery Center location was chosen using criteria developed through the EV Micro-Climate™ process, which takes into account a variety of factors including traffic patterns, regional attractions, and retail hubs, as well as input from many regional partners.
“We are proud of our partnership with ECOtality and are excited to bring the first DC Fast Charger in Washington to the South Lake Union Discovery Center. South Lake Union now has more electric vehicle charging stations than any other neighborhood in the Pacific Northwest and one the highest concentrations of EV charging stations in the country,” said Ada M. Healey, vice president of real estate at Vulcan Inc. “This longstanding commitment to sustainability is what makes South Lake Union one of the greenest neighborhoods in the country.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV