UTStarcom Holdings Corp Stock Upgraded (UTSI)
- UTSTARCOM HOLDINGS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, UTSTARCOM HOLDINGS CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.08 versus -$0.47 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 117.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$23.03 million to $4.07 million.
- The gross profit margin for UTSTARCOM HOLDINGS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.90%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UTSI's net profit margin of 4.90% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.25 million or 143.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.