Callaway Golf Company Stock Upgraded (ELY)
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 74.56% to -$11.76 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CALLAWAY GOLF CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.15%.
- ELY has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.97 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ELY, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Leisure Equipment & Products industry and the overall market, CALLAWAY GOLF CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CALLAWAY GOLF CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.30%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -40.90% is significantly below that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts