According to a letter disclosed in a
Securities and Exchange Commission filing late Wednesday, the hedge fund manager, whose firm Third Point LLC owns more than 70.5 million Yahoo! shares, has given Yahoo! CEO Scott Thompson a heads-up that he plans to launch a proxy battle to get a fair shake for his slate of four nominees to director posts.
Loeb said in the letter that Yahoo!'s reaction to his plans to nominate four new board members -- Harry Wilson, Michael Wolf, Jeff Zucker and himself -- has been "dismissive" and that he plans file a preliminary proxy statement "within the week."
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV