4. Coach (COH)
Company profile: Coach, with a market value of $23 billion, is a manufacturer, distributor, and retailer of branded handbags and leather accessories. Although North America is about 60% of its sales come from its North American retail and outlet stores, Asia represents its fastest-growing market.
Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 29% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 76%. Analysts give its shares 13 "buy" ratings, eight "buy/holds," nine "holds," and one "weak hold" rating, according to a survey of analysts by S&P, which itself has it rated "strong buy." For fiscal 2012, analysts estimate it will earn $3.52 per share and that that will grow by 17%, to $4.11 in 2013.
3. Ralph Lauren (RL)Company profile: Ralph Lauren, with a market value of $17 billion, makes and sells a wide range of apparel and accessories with brands that resonate with affluent consumers including: Polo, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Blue Label, Lauren, RLX, and Chaps. It has recently expanded into handbags, footwear, and denim products. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 30% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 70%. Analysts give its shares six "buy" ratings, three "buy/holds," eight "holds," and one "weak hold," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. It's expected to earn $7.03 this year and that earnings will grow 19% in 2013. 2. The Gap (GPS) Company profile: Gap owns Old Navy- and Banana Republic-branded stores in addition to its namesake store brand. The company operates more than 3,000 stores worldwide. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 37% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 31%. Analysts give its shares four "buy" ratings, two "buy/holds," 25 "holds," three "weak hold," and two "sells," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. It's expected to earn $1.54 per share in 2012, and grow that by 18% in 2013. 1. Michael Kors (KORS) Company profile: Michael Kors, with a market value of $9 billion, operates internationally in three business segments: retail, wholesale and licensing. It owns retail stores and also distributes its branded apparel and accessories in department stores and specialty stores. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 79% this year, including 45% in the past month. It has only been public about a year. Analysts give its shares five "strong buy" ratings, and one "moderate buy," according to a survey of analysts by TheStreet Ratings. The stock got a big boost last month when the company reported a strong fiscal third quarter, with sales up 83% and earnings up 47%. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 28% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 41%. Analysts give its shares one "buy" rating, two "holds," and one "weak hold," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Stocks Rising Fast on Rich People's Spending portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV