Craft Brew Alliance Reports Full Year 2011 Results
Craft Brew Alliance , Inc. (“CBA”) (NASDAQ:HOOK), an independent craft brewing company, reported net sales of $149.2 million and net income of $9.7 million for the year ended December 31, 2011 as compared with net sales of $131.7 million and net income of $1.7 million a year ago. Adjusted net income for 2011 was $3.2 million, excluding the one-time gain on sale of Fulton Street Brewery, LLC (“FSB”), of $6.5 million, net of tax. We reported $0.51 earnings per share on a fully diluted basis for the year as compared with $0.10 per share last year. Adjusted earnings per share for 2011 was $0.17, excluding the one-time gain on sale of FSB of $0.34 per share.
Significant financial highlights for the year ended December 31, 2011 include:
- Net sales increased $17.5 million, or 13 percent, to $149.2 million compared with 2010
- Depletion growth and non-contract shipment growth were each 7 percent for the full year
- Gross profit percentage increased 470 basis points
- Sales and marketing expense increased $7.6 million versus last year reflecting investments towards critical growth initiatives
- Capital expenditures were $8.5 million as we continued to make strategic investments in systems and infrastructure
“We are pleased to see our 2011 top and bottom line results reflect improvements in our business driven by our significant investments in our innovative portfolio of beers and our marketing and sales capabilities. Our primary focus remains to be true to our customers, by delivering the most diverse portfolio of high quality beers and brands in the industry, that provide unique beer experiences for all occasions,” said Terry Michaelson, CBA’s CEO. “While the full year results indicate that our strategy has gained traction with consumers, we believe that there are further underlying strengths in our brands and strategy that have yet to be realized and will drive long-term profitable growth.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV