NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of these stocks hit 52-week highs on Wednesday: American Express (AXP), Intel (INTC), Lockheed Martin (LMT), Mead Johnson (MJN), Cirrus Logic (CRUS), Marsh & McLennan (MMC), BB&T (BBT), Tyco International (TYC) and LSI (LSI).
The credit card company passed the Federal Reserve's stress test and anticipates $4 billion in buybacks in 2012.
"Given excess capital generation, slower balance sheet growth, and a lack of significant acquisitions relative to current capital levels, we believe the repurchase authorization post the CCAR process will increase shareholder value," Guggenheim analysts wrote in a report Wednesday.Shares of American Express hit a 52-week high of $56.28 on Wednesday. The stock's 52-week low of $41.30 was set on Oct. 4. American Express has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 11.87 times; the average among its peers is 11.97. Seventeen of the 31 analysts who cover American Express rated it buy. Eleven analysts gave the stock a hold rating and three rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives American Express an A+ grade with a buy rating and a $61.16 price target. The stock has risen 18.63% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV