Of the 1,049 readers who voted in a poll by TheStreet, just 32.12%, or 337 of respondents voted, "Yes -- I'll buy anything Apple related."
There may be some hope, however, if Apple is able to make a 7.85-inch tablet, and not compromise on the user experience. More than 35% of voters said they might purchase a smaller iPad, but they would need to see it first. Rumors of a smaller iPad have persisted for months, and have grown stronger in recent days, as Apple gets set to sell its latest tablet on Friday.
Nearly a third of those who participated in the poll, 32.79%, agreed with former CEO Steve Jobs that a 7-inch tablet was "dead on arrival." Jobs once said during a 2010 earnings call that he didn't think the size was right for the software. "The reason we
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV