Updated to reflect additional information on buybacks and analyst ratings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In February, Warren Buffett made waves when he explained why an IBM (IBM) share lull would benefit his $10.3 billion stock holding. After Wells Fargo (WFC) and Bank of America (BRK.A) passed Tuesday's Federal Reserve stress tests, Buffett's point may also apply to his biggest bank investments.
In his annual letter, the investment guru detailed his math on how to gain on stock swoons and share repurchases, using his investment in IBM as an example. After Wells Fargo boosted its dividend 83% and indicated accelerated buybacks on the heels of stress test results, Buffett's largest bank holding may have a similar thesis, with a relevance to other Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) investments in Bank of America, American Express (AXP) and U.S. Bancorp (USB).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV