BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The ides of March are upon us, when thoughts turn to spring training, daffodils, March Madness . . . and cancer drug stocks.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting kicks off in the first week in June. Seems far off but it's not, especially since savvy investors know that making money on the "ASCO trade" means getting in early as cancer drug stocks typically trade up into the closely watched medical meeting.
To help with your ASCO prep, capsule summaries of seven stocks expected to present significant cancer drug research at this year's ASCO meeting are presented on the following pages. Lots more will be said about these and other cancer drug stocks as we get closer to the meeting. Circle May 16 on your calendar -- that's when ASCO will be posting research abstracts for the meeting on its Web site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV