- In a scenario marked by slowing demand and narrowing spreads in global markets, Company's EBITDA in the 4Q11 was US$396 million or R$718 million. In the year, EBITDA reached US$2.2 billion, down 3% from 2010.
- Progress on the PVC and Butadiene capacity-expansion projects, which aim to add value to the existing streams and meet the continued market growth, ensuring the start-up of these projects by May and July 2012, respectively.
- Implementation of the program to reduce fixed costs, which aims to maintain Company's competitiveness, even in a scenario marked by inflationary pressure and the merger of the new assets. SG&A of R$1.9 billion, virtually in line with 2010.
- The synergies from Quattor acquisition stood at R$400 million, 6% higher than expected. In 2012, the full synergy gains of R$495 million in annual and recurring EBITDA are expected to be captured.
- Progress on installing the Ethylene XXI Project in Mexico, which enjoys competitive feedstock - ethane basis (gas) - and access to the Mexican market, which is a net importer of polyethylene.
- In early 2012, Braskem reopened the bond issue due in April 2021, placing US$500 million with a yield of 5.75% p.a., 25bps below the original issue; and the perpetual bond issue, with a yield of 7.345%, also below the original issue. The objective was to take advantage of the window of opportunity in capital markets and pre-pay short and medium term debt, in line with the strategy to increase the average term and improve the debt profile.
Braskem Reports Net Revenue Of R$8.7 Billion In 4Q11
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.