Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, announced today that C. Martin Harris, MD, MBA, has been elected to its board of directors, effective March 30, bringing the company’s total number of directors to 13. Dr. Harris has also been appointed to the board’s Nominating and Governance Committee.
Dr. C. Martin Harris, chief information officer and chairman of the information technology division of Cleveland Clinic (Photo: Business Wire)
Dr. Harris is the chief information officer and chairman of the information technology division of Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, one of the nation’s largest hospitals. Additionally, he is responsible for strategic business planning for Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Harris’ interest and expertise in improving the practice of medicine through the innovative application of information technology is reflected in his serving on numerous national policy and technology organizations. He was tapped by the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services to help draft the electronic health records mandate in the economic stimulus package and recruited to guide Microsoft Corporation on an innovative pilot in disease management.
“We are extremely pleased to welcome Dr. Harris to our board as a new independent director,” said Jim Manzi, chairman of the board of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Given his extensive healthcare and information technology expertise, as well as his strong track record of innovation, he will provide unique and valuable perspective to Thermo Fisher as we continue to execute our strategy for long-term growth.”Dr. Harris currently serves as a member of the board of Invacare Corporation, the global leader in the manufacture and distribution of home and long-term care medical products, and HealthStream, Inc., an Internet-based learning and research solutions provider for the healthcare industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV