Ameris Bancorp Stock Upgraded (ABCB)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 217.50% to $10.53 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMERIS BANCORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 96.49%.
- The gross profit margin for AMERIS BANCORP is rather high; currently it is at 67.80%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.50% trails the industry average.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, AMERIS BANCORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.