PNC (PNC) -- Pass: PNC came in with a ratio of 5.9% under the Fed's review. The bank said in a statement that its capital return plan includes an "increase the quarterly common stock dividend in the second quarter of 2012 and a modest share repurchase program."
Regions Financial (symbol) -- Pass: Regions had a stressed capital ratio of 6.6% and that it will move ahead with a $900 million common stock offering as part of its plan to repurchase the $3.5 billion shares owned by the U.S. Treasury Department under its Troubled Asset Relief Program..
State Street (SST) -- Pass: The custody bank has a stressed capital ratio of 12.5%, but not make a statement following the Fed announcement.
SunTrust (RF) -- Fail: Struggling SunTrust came in with a stressed capital ratio of 4.8%. The bank made no statement following the announcement.US Bancorp (USB) -- Pass: The Federal reserve said that US Bancorp has stress capital ratio of 5.4%. The bank said in a statement that it would increase its dividend by 56 percent and would move ahead with a buyback of $100 million shares. Wells Fargo (WFC) -- Pass: San Francisco-based Well Fargo had a stressed capital ratio of 6.4% and plans to increase its first quarter dividend by 10 cents to 22 cents per share. "The Federal Reserve's stress test scenario applied a series of very conservative assumptions to validate the industry's ability to perform and maintain adequate capital in the event of unlikely, dire circumstances," CEO John Stumpf said in a statement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV