Crimson Exploration Inc. (NasdaqGM:CXPO) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2011.
- Full year revenue of $114.4 million, 18% year over year increase
- Full year EBITDAX of $77.2 million, 36% year over year increase
- Increased quarterly oil and natural gas liquids production to 34% of total production, 40% of total production reached in January 2012
- Increased proved reserves by 20% year over year, to 200.4 Bcfe, with a reserve replacement rate of 304% of 2011 production
Allan D. Keel, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “In 2011, Crimson began its transformation from a predominately natural gas producer to a Company focused on oil and liquids weighted opportunities. After finally securing our highest quality Haynesville/Mid-Bossier acreage in East Texas in the first half of the year, we shifted our focus toward the Eagle Ford shale in South Texas in an effort to balance our production profile. By employing the same horizontal drilling and fracing techniques used in the Haynesville Shale and Mid-Bossier gas shale plays, we then successfully proceeded with the development of our leasehold position in Karnes County, averaging a 24-hr gross initial production rate of 1,060 Boepd on seven completed wells on our Littlepage McBride lease. In 2012, Crimson anticipates achieving a 50/50 liquids production profile by the end of the second quarter by targeting the planned horizontal redevelopment of the Woodbine formation in Madison and Grimes counties, Texas and the continued development of the Eagle Ford shale.”Summary Fourth Quarter Financial Results The Company reported a net loss for the fourth quarter 2011 of $5.0 million, or $0.11 per basic share, compared to a net loss of $20.9 million, or $0.50 per basic share, for the fourth quarter of 2010. Recorded in the fourth quarters of 2011 and 2010, respectively, were non-cash leasehold impairment charges of $0.7 million and $21.1 million. Fourth quarter non-cash charges of $1.6 million and $6.8 million were also recorded in 2011 and 2010, respectively, related to the mark-to-market valuation on our commodity price and interest rate derivatives. Exclusive of these special items, net loss for the fourth quarter of 2011 would have been $3.5 million, compared to a loss of $2.4 million in 2010. Adjusted EBITDAX, as defined below, was $17.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011, a 3% increase over Adjusted EBITDAX of $16.7 million for the prior year quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV