NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
Global X Uranium ETF (URA) 2.6%
After Monday's decline pushed the uranium producer ETF to its 50-day moving average, the fund is staging a nice bounce higher. Shares of URA still have ground to cover before regaining levels seen at the start of March. It will be interesting to see if more strength will be in store up ahead.
Uranium is not the only slice of the alternative energy sector heading higher. Solar is also enjoying strength. With these gains, the Market Vectors Solar Energy ETF (KWT) has managed to work much of Monday's losses.
LosersiPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) -2.6% As we approach the end of the day, major market indices have managed to stay buoyed while the fear-tracking VIX benchmark has taken a hit. VXX will be interesting to watch in the coming days. The fund's most recent five-day string of losses has pushed it closer to all-time lows. iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) -0.8% As investors adopt a risk-on mentality, safe haven asset classes are being cast to the sidelines. Disinterest in long-term U.S. treasuries has caused TLT to retreat to short-term support. It will be interesting to see if the fund can maintain its footing at this level. All prices as of 2:11 PM DST Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV