SANTA CLARITA, Calif.
March 13, 2012
today revealed more details about several of the main dining room and specialty restaurant options that will be available aboard
when the cruise ship debuts in
, including new special venues and experiences, plus fresh twists on some Princess favorites.
Among the new options are several distinct dining spaces, including a special Chef's Table Lumiere surrounded by a curtain of light to take the Chef's Table experience to a new level, as well as wine cellar-inspired private dining spaces in the main dining rooms.
The ship will offer a larger Horizon Court buffet with a brand-new layout, new action stations, intriguing new bistro options – such as a crab shack and fondue restaurant – and even a dedicated pastry shop, an industry first.
For a full evening experience, several restaurants and lounges have been located together, including the Crown Grill which has been combined with the Wheelhouse Bar, and Sabatini's Italian restaurant which is now adjacent to Vines wine bar.
"These evolutions of our dining program will offer some exciting new options, as well as showcase our signature features which have become passenger favorites," said
, executive vice president for Princess Cruises. "Royal Princess certainly will take our dining options to the next level."
The line also released a preview video of the dining options featuring Princess Cruises Executive Vice President
and Vice President of Food and Beverage Operations
, which can be viewed at
The main dining room and specialty restaurant features include:
Chef's Table Lumiere
– Known for creating the first-ever chef's table at sea, Princess will be setting a new standard for this popular event with the debut of the Chef's Table Lumiere. Taking the chef's table to a new level, passengers will be magically surrounded by a curtain of light – providing a soft wall of privacy that envelopes a custom-made glass table located within the Concerto dining room. The table will be set with elegantly designed china, cutlery and table accessories for an extraordinary dining experience.
– Diners in the Symphony and Allegro dining rooms will enjoy a private experience in a wine cellar-inspired space. Surrounded by wine bottles, the circular area, which seats up to 12, will offer a unique atmosphere for private functions and special celebrations. Wine Cellar specialty menus are being developed in conjunction with noted winemakers, and will be designed to pair with hand-selected wines. Menu items will include classic carved meats such as Crown of Veal Rack and Baron of Lamb.
Horizon Court Buffet
– Royal Princess' buffet eatery will be redefined with a completely new layout and double the amount of seating over the line's newest class of ship, with 900 seats indoors and 350 seats outside on the open deck. The larger space will not only offer more seating but more table choices, such as tables for two and counter-height bistro-style dining tables. New action stations will also provide additional dining options, including choices such as Asian cuisine, Mediterranean dishes, a pasta corner and salad-tossing stations. Passengers will also find more "grab and go" options such as pastries, breakfast sandwiches or yogurt and granola parfaits. Those who love to sleep in will even find a special "late, late risers" breakfast section.
– Dinner in the Horizon Court will offer an interactive experience with themed events and specialty dinners. On certain nights passengers may find a Brazilian churrascaria, Argentine gaucho theme, European bistro or British pub. Actions stations will include a hibachi grill, rotisseries and carving stations, a taqueria, and a sandwich bar. The Horizon Court will also house several new specialty dining options including a crab shack complete with mallets and bibs, or an opportunity to try fondues from around the world.
Horizon Bistro Pastry Shop
– The Horizon Court will also introduce an industry first – a dedicated pastry shop. Here passengers can indulge in fresh-baked goodies throughout the day, including croissants, pastries, hot desserts, freshly baked waffles and French toast at breakfast; classic and modern desserts at lunch and dinner; cookies, desserts and waffles at tea time; and special show pieces and flambes in the evening. This completely separate space will feature its own unique design, decor, function and seating area, plus a dedicated specialty coffee section. Passengers will even get to see Princess' pastry chefs in action as they demonstrate their skills in chocolate work and cake decorating.
Horizon Court for Kids
– The Horizon Court will have a special area just for kids, where they can feel comfortable with seating that is suited to them in size and decor. Here kids can eat, play, and sit in their dedicated section with the rest of their family still nearby. The space will also be used by the Youth Center for activities such as pizza parties and ice cream socials.
Crown Grill & Wheelhouse Bar
– The Crown Grill seafood and chop house will be blended together with the popular Wheelhouse Bar for a complete evening of dining and entertainment in one location. These traditional spaces feature a new contemporary look that modernizes the rich club-like atmosphere of the Crown Grill and the nautical Wheelhouse Bar. With its signature theater-style open kitchen, the Crown Grill will set the stage for a menu of chops, seafood and premium
steaks. Meanwhile the Wheelhouse Bar will offer a comfortable place to sip a drink and enjoy live piano entertainment.
– Princess' signature Tuscan-inspired specialty restaurant, Sabatini's will feature a fresh menu of sophisticated Italian favorites with an a la carte experience. Sabatini's will be located adjacent to Vines wine bar, offering diners a convenient venue to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail. With elegant decor merging glass, marble, wood and mirror details, the centerpiece of the new space will be a grand wine display, featuring an impressive selection of "Super Tuscan" wines, some of the most prestigious and sought-after wines in the famous Tuscan wine region, such as Sassicaia, Tignanello, Ornellaia, Solaia, Masseto and more. Sabatini's will also be the venue for a new "Super Tuscan Tasting," a wine event designed to introduce passengers to these rich, internationally acclaimed wines.
Additional information about other ship features will be released in the coming months.