- Pay yourself first: Add your savings account to your monthly list of bills, and make saving a priority.
- Save more through small changes: Identify where you're spending money, and where you can make changes. For instance, packing your lunch instead of eating out could save you thousands over the course of the year.
- Maximize your savings: Once you've started saving, and know what you're saving for, set up appropriate accounts to manage your money. Consider an IRA for retirement savings, and a money market account for your expanding nest egg.
- Write a budget: It's the most effective way to get on track to financial success and to ensure that your spending doesn't exceed your income. Remember to allocate funds for charitable contributions,
- Know your credit score: This rating will determine if you'll have access to key credit options – whether you're opening a new credit card or applying for a mortgage. Check your credit reports regularly to ensure accuracy and develop better credit habits to increase your score over time.
You Don't Need A Four Leaf Clover To Be Financially Successful
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts