"One of our biggest long-term concerns is competitor investment/expansion into Colgate's D&E markets," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Feb. 24 report. "For example, yesterday P&G detailed aggressive global expansion plans for Oral Care. This was not a surprise to Colgate management and they seem prepared to aggressively respond depending on competitor actions. However, we will see how this alters the competitive landscape in these markets."
Shares of Colgate-Palmolive hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $95. The stock's 52-week low of $76.39 was set on March 18.Colgate-Palmolive has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.1 times; the average for personal products companies is 15.39. For comparison, both Kimberly-Clark (KMB) and Avon (AVP) have lower forward P/Es of 13.19 and 10.84, respectively. Sixteen of the 24 analysts who cover Colgate-Palmolive rated it hold. Five analysts gave the stock a buy rating and three rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Colgate-Palmolive an A grade with a buy rating and a $114.87 price target. The stock has risen 2.59% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV