A Healthier Hotel? It's More Than Adding a Gym
By Christina Cheddar Berk, News Editor
NEW YORK (CNBC) -- As road warriors know all too well, it can be really tough to stick to your routine when traveling.
A hotel gym can often be a small, cramped room, tucked in the corner of a hotel and filled with equipment that may not work. Or travelers may find themselves with few healthy food choices if their itineraries require late-night check-ins or their meetings run late.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) , the parent of the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza hotels, recently announced a plan to address this dilemma with EVEN Hotels, a new brand of hotels that will serve the needs of travelers who place a priority on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.If the idea of a health-and-wellness hotel brand seems odd, think again. A wider array of products and services are marketing themselves with the halo of health and wellness, and it's been interesting to see where the concept is spreading.
More from CNBC
Luxury Wine by the Glass -- Coming to a Mailbox Near You
Restaurants Find Big Profits in Small Plates
Want to Be Smarter and Thinner? Take a Nap
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV