A Healthier Hotel? It's More Than Adding a Gym
By Christina Cheddar Berk, News Editor
NEW YORK ( CNBC) -- As road warriors know all too well, it can be really tough to stick to your routine when traveling.
A hotel gym can often be a small, cramped room, tucked in the corner of a hotel and filled with equipment that may not work. Or travelers may find themselves with few healthy food choices if their itineraries require late-night check-ins or their meetings run late.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) , the parent of the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza hotels, recently announced a plan to address this dilemma with EVEN Hotels, a new brand of hotels that will serve the needs of travelers who place a priority on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.If the idea of a health-and-wellness hotel brand seems odd, think again. A wider array of products and services are marketing themselves with the halo of health and wellness, and it's been interesting to see where the concept is spreading.
| More from CNBC
Luxury Wine by the Glass -- Coming to a Mailbox Near You
Restaurants Find Big Profits in Small Plates
Want to Be Smarter and Thinner? Take a Nap
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV