NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Thursday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Wednesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Dr. Pepper Snapple Group (DPS), DTE Energy (DTE), Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRT) and Rogers Communications (RCI).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
The beverage company reported last month fourth-quarter earnings of $166 million, or 78 cents a share, up from year-ago earnings of $112 million, or 49 cents."Coming out of the [Consumer Analyst Group of New York] presentation we continue to believe management is executing well against a good strategy for growing a relatively mature business," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Feb. 23 report. "However, given the lingering impact of higher commodity prices and lack of near-term catalysts we see limited opportunity for share price appreciation from the current level. We maintain our Market Perform rating and $36-38 valuation range." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.6% Rated "B+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was basically the same as last year. Dr. Pepper Snapple Group has weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.70, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth decreased 7.97% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $43.54. The stock closed Tuesday at $38.93 and has fallen 1.39% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV