(Updated to include comments from Samsung executive in the sixth paragraph).
Former CEO Steve Jobs' feelings on the 7-inch form factor are well documented. On a 2010 earnings call, Jobs said, "One naturally thinks that a 7-inch screen would offer 70 percent of the benefits of a 10-inch screen. Unfortunately, this is far from the truth. ... The reason we
Yet the rumors of a 7-inch iPad continue to swirl, this time DigiTimes suggesting Apple may launch a 7.85-inch iPad with a slim bezel display, which would allow the tech giant to increase the tablet's viewing area.Amazon (AMZN) and Barnes & Noble (BKS) have demonstrated there is a market for 7-inch tablets, and a slim bezel display might allow Apple to assuage the concerns about a small screen. There has been chatter that a smaller iPad would likely cost between $249 and $299. Apple cut the price of the iPad 2 to $399 when they announced the new version of the tablet last week. Even Samsung believes Apple could make a smaller tablet. Speaking with The Korean Times, an anonymous executive from the South Korean company said Apple may expand its parts purchases from the company, due to a new iPad Mini. "The contract
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV