With great sadness Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR) announces the death of Chairman of the Board, William C. Nolan, Jr. Mr. Nolan died on March 12, 2012 at the Medical Center of South Arkansas in El Dorado following a brief illness. He was 72 years old.
Nolan received his undergraduate degree from Yale University in 1961, and his law degree from Yale Law School in 1964. After graduation he worked in Murphy’s Law Department until 1969 when he left to found the Nolan and Alderson law firm. He was also president of Noalmark Broadcasting Corporation which owns radio stations in Arkansas and New Mexico.
Mr. Nolan had been a Murphy director since 1977 and served as Chairman
since July 15, 2002. In December, 2011 the Company announced that Mr.
Nolan would retire as Chairman effective May 1, 2012, but would remain
on the Board. Claiborne P. Deming was elected to succeed Nolan as
Chairman effective May 1, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV