MIAMI, March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- When considering a vacation, the first question typically is, "Where do you want to go?" In the summer of 2013, Celebrity Cruises – named "Best Large-Ship Line" in the elite Conde Nast Traveler's Annual Readers' Choice Awards – will present more answers to that question than ever before, offering its broadest lineup of modern luxury vacation options in Europe, and bringing Solstice Class style to Alaska for the first time.
Broad and varied experiences in
Europe on new and newly Solsticized ships
In the summer of 2013, Celebrity will offer its most widely varied array of modern luxury cruises and cruisetours on one of the newest fleets of ships in
Europe. Those six ships will visit 25 countries from seven departure ports and visit a total of 88 destinations in
Europe alone, six representing Celebrity 'firsts.'
The first-time destinations include Liverpool, England, famed home of "The Beatles"; Waterford, Ireland, known for the fine crystal bearing its name; Torshavn, Faroe Islands; Varna, Bulgaria, the largest city and seaside resort on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast; Sevastopol, the second largest port in Ukraine, after the Port of Odessa; and Kristiansand, Norway, named in 1641 for its founder King Christian IV, and today known for major events ranging from the Bragdoya Blues Festival to the Quart Festival headlined by world-renowned rock artists.
Celebrity's summer 2013 Europe portfolio:
- Celebrity Reflection – which sets sail in October of this year, complete with the brand's first "Signature Suites" and jaw-dropping, two-bedroom "Reflection Suite," complete with a sea-view bathroom extending out over the edge of the ship, a veranda tub with soothing rain shower, and panoramic views courtesy of the wraparound veranda – will present a full season of 10- and 11-night sailings roundtrip from Rome. The 10-night itinerary features visits to Sicily, Italy; Athens, Greece and the Greek Isles, and Kusadasi, Turkey, while the 11-night sailing also features an overnight stay in Istanbul.
- Celebrity Silhouette – honored with a Gold award for "Best Premium Ship" in Travel Weekly's annual Magellan Awards, and the first to enhance Celebrity's industry-first Lawn Club with The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch, The Alcoves and the Art Studio – will offer a blend of 10- to 13-night roundtrip sailings from romantic Venice, as well as voyages to and from Venice and/or Rome. With one to two days at sea on each sailing, the itineraries were expressly designed to offer a destination-rich vacation, including towns along the Adriatic coast, as well as multiple locations in Greece and Turkey.
- Celebrity Infinity – the second of four Millennium Class ships to complete Celebrity's ambitious, $140-million 'Solsticizing' initiative, incorporating a host of guest-favorite venues and experiences from the Solstice Class, such as the hip Celebrity iLounge, the eclectic Qsine specialty restaurant, and AquaClass accommodations with exclusive access to the Mediterranean specialty restaurant, Blu – will make her European debut in 2013, offering new 10- and 11-night British Isles, Norwegian Fjords and Iceland & Fjords itineraries roundtrip from Harwich, England. And, in September 2013, Celebrity Infinity will present the "Immersive Europe Wine Cruises" that premiere on Celebrity Constellation this fall during harvest season, complete with overnight stays in Paris/Normandy ( Le Havre), France; Bilbao, Spain; and Bordeaux ( Le Verdon), France.
- Celebrity Constellation –also featuring the guest-favorite enhancements incorporated in the line's Solsticizing initiative, including the eclectic Qsine specialty restaurant, AquaClass accommodations with exclusive access to the Mediterranean specialty restaurant, Blu, CellarMasters wine bar and the hip Celebrity iLounge, among other new venues – from May through August 2013 will present seven Scandinavia/ Russia cruises, an Arctic Circle voyage and a Norwegian Fjords sailing, all roundtrip from Amsterdam. Then, from Istanbul, the ship will set sail on two new 12-night Black Sea & Greek Isles sailings, highlighted by an overnight stay in Odessa, Ukraine; visits to Sevastopol and Yalta, Ukraine, and Celebrity's first visit to Varna, Bulgaria. Celebrity Constellation will round out her summer season with four 12-night Greek Isles & Turkey voyages, all roundtrip from Istanbul.
- Celebrity Equinox – named "Best Overall" in the discerning Cruise Critic's Cruisers' Choice Awards ( North America), and one of three Solstice Class ships to mesmerize guests with The Hot Glass Show offered in association with The Corning Museum of Glass – will present a full season of 12-night sailings roundtrip from Barcelona, Spain, with the majority of the cruises featuring visits to Florence (Livorno), Naples and Adriatic ports, in addition to an overnight stay in Venice. The ship's alternating itineraries include visits to Naples, Athens, Ephesus (Kusadasi), the Greek Isles and Valletta, Malta.
- Celebrity Eclipse – named "Best from the UK" in Cruise Critic's Cruisers' Choice Awards (UK), and the first ship to debut the hip Celebrity iLounge and the eclectic Qsine specialty restaurant – will continue to offer a mix of distinct 14-night Mediterranean, Scandinavia/ Russia, Iceland/Norwegian Fjords and Canary Islands/Azores holidays roundtrip from Southampton. The ship's Baltic season in 2013 will be expanded slightly, with the Iceland/Norwegian Fjords itinerary featuring an overnight stay in Reykjavik, Iceland, and a full-day visit to Akureyri, Iceland.
For even deeper immersion into the endlessly appealing region, Celebrity's summer Cruisetour options in Europe in 2013 range from 12 to 18 nights in length, when pairing the cruise and land-based experience, and include six tour patterns, all fully escorted by expert Tour Directors. Among the highlights are an entirely new four-night Istanbul and Cappadocia, Turkey, package; enticing Italian experiences in Lake Como, Venice, Florence and Rome; vibrant options in Madrid and Barcelona, Spain; and alluring Northern Europe packages featuring stays in London, Paris and Amsterdam.Celebrity's summer 2013 Northern Europe vacations open for booking March 16, 2012, with the balance of its summer 2013 European vacations opening for booking beginning March 27, 2012. Celebrity Solstice to bring Solstice Class 'sizzle' to Alaska, Canada and California in 2013 The sleek, 2,850-guest flagship of the Solstice Class fleet, Celebrity Solstice – named "Best Premium Ship" in Travel Weekly's annual Readers' Choice Awards (US) – will become the first of its class to offer vacations in Alaska in the summer of 2013, joining Celebrity Century and Celebrity Millennium in pairing Celebrity's chic style and design, signature cuisine, exciting activities and extraordinary service with the region's breathtaking, inspiring scenery.
- Celebrity Solstice will present 7-night Tracy Arm Fjord sailings roundtrip from Seattle, with visits to the charming Alaskan towns of Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, as well as Victoria, British Columbia, and transiting the scenic Inside Passage. Preceding the Alaska season will be a 9-night "West Coast Wine Cruise" from Ensenada, Mexico, to Seattle in May, and rounding out the season will be a 10-night "America's Cup Wine Cruise" in September, when guests on Celebrity Solstice will have a commanding view of the boats participating in the finals of the world-famous sailing race in San Francisco Bay, complete with an overnight stay.
- Celebrity Millennium – the fourth Millennium Class ship to complete Celebrity's Solsticizing initiative this year, adding AquaClass accommodations with exclusive access to the specialty restaurant, Blu, the Celebrity iLounge, CellarMasters wine bar, and Bistro on Five creperie, among other new venues – will reprise Celebrity's in-demand, alternating Northbound and Southbound 7-night Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward, highlighted by spending several hours near the picturesque, ice-blue Hubbard Glacier.
- Celebrity Century – the first ship to debut the "icy-cool" Martini Bar – will reprise her summer series of 7-night Hubbard Glacier vacations roundtrip from Vancouver from May through August, 2013. The ship's Alaska season will be capped with an 11-night "Ultimate Alaska" voyage departing roundtrip from Vancouver September 15, 2013, including visits to Prince Rupert and Victoria, British Columbia. A special 11-night Wine Cruise will be offered September 26 from Vancouver, ending in San Diego.
- Celebrity Summit – which, in February 2012 became the third in Celebrity's Millennium Class fleet to complete the brand's noted Solsticizing initiative, adding Qsine, the Celebrity iLounge, AquaClass accommodations and exclusive access to Blu, CellarMasters wine bar, and more – will return to Cape Liberty, NJ, in 2013 to present its fourth season of Celebrity's in-demand 7-night vacation experiences to Bermuda, known for its exquisite, pink-sand beaches and turquoise waters. The ship will cap the season with three 14-night Canada & New England vacations beginning in September, featuring to two full days in Quebec City, Quebec. Celebrity's 2013 Bermuda bookings open April 11, 2012.
- The intimate, 96-guest Celebrity Xpedition – ranked among the top small ships in the world in Conde Nast Traveler's "Best Ships in the World" readers' poll this year – will continue to offer the once-in-a-lifetime vacation experiences the brand has offered year-round since 2004 in the enchanting Galapagos Islands. Bookings are open.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV