As if a new carrier wasn't enough to help boost Apple's earnings, there are more rumors about the supposed "iPad Mini."
DigiTimes has mentioned the oft-rumored iPad Mini again, this time discussing a slim bezel display. That would allow the screen to occupy a larger percentage of the tablet's face than it currently does. The Mini would be 7.85-inches and be priced between $249 and $299, according to DigiTimes.
There has already been plenty of chatter about an iPad Mini, but Apple has been against the technology in the past. Former CEO Steve Jobs said that 7-inch tablets were "dead on arrival" and Apple didn't make them "...because we think the screen is too small to express the software."
Samsung believes Apple is likely to make an iPad Mini. An anonymous executive from the South Korean company told
The Korean Times that Apple is likely to expand its parts purchases from the company, due to a new iPad Mini. "The contract
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV