- Deleveraged the balance sheet by selling $1.9 billion of 3.8 percent weighted average mortgage-backed securities resulting in a $77 million gain ($48 million after-tax).
- Restructured $3.6 billion of 4.3 percent weighted average debt with a termination loss of $551 million ($341 million after-tax).
- Replaced $2.1 billion of 4.4 percent weighted average fixed-rate, Federal Home Loan Bank advances with a mix of floating and fixed-rate borrowings with a current weighted average rate of .5 percent.
- Terminated $1.5 billion of 4.2 percent weighted average fixed-rate repurchase agreement borrowings.
TCF Financial Corporation Repositions Balance Sheet
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.