GT's ASF(tm) Sapphire Growth Furnace Utilized The Production-proven Heat Exchanger Method (HEM) For Producing High Quality Boules And Cores Suitable For The LED Industry And Other Industries Requiring High Quality Material. (Photo: Business Wire)
GT Advanced Technologies Inc., (NASDAQ: GTAT), today announced that OCI Company, Ltd., its long-time South Korea-based PV and now also a sapphire equipment customer, has begun production of sapphire boules and cores in its new manufacturing facility. The company has completed the initial installation of GT’s ASF™ sapphire growth furnaces that were purchased in January 2011. In a ceremony on March 2 to commemorate its new sapphire production facility, OCI mentioned it has begun the shipment of 6-inch sapphire cores as well as 2-inch and 4-inch products to top manufacturers located in Taiwan and Korea. The new eco-friendly plant has an annual production capacity of 4 million millimeters of sapphire.
A recent article in The Korean Times reported that with technological help from GT’s service installation team, OCI has already started exporting various sized sapphire cores to its customers. The article went on to say that GT’s ASF furnaces, which use the heat exchanger method (HEM) growth process, incorporate a cost-effective sapphire crystallization methodology for the high yield production of quality material. See link to full article.
“Starting up a new sapphire production facility takes tremendous planning and coordination to ensure a successful launch,” said Cheryl Diuguid, GT Advanced Technologies’ vice president and general manager of its Sapphire Equipment and Materials Group. “I am proud of the effort of our service and installation team who worked closely with OCI’s production and engineering team throughout the entire process to deliver a state-of-the-art sapphire production facility that is now producing high quality material.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV