OR YEHUDA, Israel, March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. ( NASDAQ: MGIC), a global provider of mobile and cloud-enabled application and business integration platforms, announced today that Haggie Steel Wire Rope, a division of Scaw South Africa, an international manufacturer of a diverse range of steel products, has used Magic's iBOLT to streamline its IT operations.
Scaw's Steel Wire Rope division, developed a COBOL-based, in-house application, named Legacy, to manage its complex manufacturing operations in South Africa.
Following the company-wide migration to the SAP R/3 ERP system, the Steel Wire Rope division sought to eliminate the duplication of data and process inefficiencies caused by the continued use of the Legacy application, which was retained to meet specific operational requirements not supported by SAP.Eddie Botes, Planning Manager at the Haggie Steel Wire Rope division said: "After investigating the options in the market, we decided that Magic's iBOLT was the best choice for us to design and implement a comprehensive integration solution. iBOLT is secure, reliable, and easy to use, and has a proven record of success in overcoming project complexities." Commenting on the project, Hedley Hurwitz, Managing Director of Magic Software SA, said: "Using iBOLT, Magic was able to rapidly develop and deploy a real-time solution that seamlessly and securely integrates and synchronizes Scaw's proprietary Legacy application with SAP R/3. The initial phase of the project took just two months to implement, and Scaw has expressed its satisfaction with Magic's high level of service and technical skills." About Magic Software Enterprises Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. ( NASDAQ: MGIC) is a global provider of mobile and cloud-enabled application and business integration platforms. For more information, visit http://www.magicsoftware.com. About Scaw Metals Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV