Listen, you let Portugal worry about its sovereign debt and position in the European Union. You just sit back, relax and enjoy the affordability.
SmarterTravel places the average cost of a hotel room in Portugal at about $100 a night, but says room rates can dip as low as $66 in places such as Albuferia. One of the most effective ways of ensuring a sweet price is to stay in pousadas -- inns tucked away in manors, monasteries and castles. Pousadas de Portugal offers accommodations for $95 a night, free nights and packages that include massages, meals and horseback rides.
Worried about the price of getting there? Don't be. Portugal's TAP Airlines is offering round-trip fares from New York, including all taxes and fees, from $723 for early spring travel.-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV