Is it a bit gloomy and rainy in the spring here? Sure, but no more so than for much of the rest of the year.
Fortunately, airfares and routes here are getting a bit sunnier. This week, Alaska kicked off service from Kansas City, Mo. On June 3, AirTran launches service from Baltimore, and on the same day, its owner Southwest begins flights from Houston. Amtrak, meanwhile, is trying to make an argument for the romance of the rails with 15% off round-trip tickets to Seattle from any point on its Cascades (Eugene-Seattle-Vancouver), Coast Starlight (Los Angeles-Seattle), and Empire Builder (Chicago-Seattle) routes. The offer is available for travel through April 29 when booked by April 22.
As luck would have it, guests are going to have plenty to do once they arrive. Sure, visitors can say hi to the otters at the aquarium, get really small doughnuts or huge fish fillets at Pike Place Market and drink espresso until they shake like molecules, but the Seattle Art Museum humbly suggests checking out its upcoming Gaugin exhibit through April 29 and partaking in the multiple hotel packages tied to it. If that's a bit too highbrow, King Tut makes one of his final appearances in the U.S. starting May 24 at the Pacific Science Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV