The Caribbean is usually awash with young, rowdy tourists this time of year, but they're not going to be teeing up in Aruba anytime soon.
This seems like a coin toss for wary travelers all too aware that the renovated Hyatt and Radisson resorts, expanded nonstop AirTran (LUV) and JetBlue service from the East Coast and generally laid-back atmosphere attracts plenty of visitors young and old. Aruba just had its big, rowdy season, though. It's called Carnival, and it wound down to a colorful, booze-soaked close last month.
American Express Travel and Hyatt love it for the family friendly resorts full of screaming kids and the golf courses devoid of college-age chuckleheads making well-worn Caddyshack references. Right now -- with the exception of Carubbian Nights on Thursdays when the streets shut down -- it's just plain peaceful in Aruba. Don't overthink it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV