Here's the bad news: Fort Lauderdale is Orbitz's fourth-most popular spring destination. Airfare averages $333, while a room will set you back roughly $148 per night.
The good news: No undergraduate worth the sand they'll be sleeping on this spring break would ever consider Fort Lauderdale a place to party. Sure, grandma will tell some young undergrad how wild it used to be, but Fort Lauderdale's not even the kind of place that can keep a dueling piano bar in business anymore.
No, this is where parents go for a nice, relaxing day of family friendly fun at the beach. Maybe they catch a taco, hoagie or nice Italian dinner afterward. Maybe they sneak out to a blues bar or beach pub once the kids are asleep. Mostly, however, they just enjoy the fact that ground zero for all the Jersey Shore-worthy bass bumping and drunken grinding is miles down the coast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV