Arden Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ARDNA) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Gelson’s Markets (Gelson’s), which currently operates seventeen full-service supermarkets in Southern California, has reached an agreement with the landlord of its Northridge, California store and a third party to assign the store lease. Gelson’s had closed the store after the close of business on February 25, 2012. Subject to compliance with certain closing conditions, Gelson’s rent and all other obligations under the lease will end effective no later than May 1, 2012. In accordance with the assignment of the lease, various items of equipment will be transferred by Gelson’s to the assignee and Gelson’s has agreed to pay the assignee a lease assignment fee of $1,850,000. In addition, Gelson’s expects to incur additional closing costs estimated to be between $300,000 and $400,000.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a safe harbor for forward-looking statements made by or on behalf of Arden Group, Inc. (Company). Certain statements contained in this Current Report on Form 8-K are forward-looking statements. These statements discuss, among other things, a future lease assignment which may or may not be accomplished and certain estimated closing costs. These forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s current plans and expectations and are based on information currently known to the Company. The Company cautions readers that any forward-looking statements contained in this Current Report involve risks and uncertainties and are subject to change. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update forward-looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV