Inter Parfums, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IPAR) today reported results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
Fourth Quarter 2011 Compared to Fourth Quarter 2010:
- Net sales rose to $189.1 million, a 68% increase from $112.5 million; at comparable foreign currency exchange rates, net sales rose 61% for the period;
- European-based operations generated net sales of $169.6 million, up 78% from $95.5 million;
- Net sales by U.S.-based operations were up nearly 15% to $19.5 million from $17.0 million;
- Gross margin was 61.7% compared to 59.0%;
- S, G & A expense as a percentage of sales was 56.5% compared to 48.0%;
- Operating margins were 4.8% of net sales compared to 11.0% of net sales;
- Net income attributable to Inter Parfums, Inc. was $4.1 million as compared to $6.2 million; and,
- Basic and diluted earnings per share were $0.13 compared to $0.20.
Thus, net sales for the year ended December 31, 2011 increased 34% to a record $615.2 million from the prior year’s $460.4 million; in constant dollars 2011 net sales rose 28%. Net income attributable to Inter Parfums, Inc. rose 21% to a record $32.3 million or $1.05 per diluted share from $26.6 million or $0.87 per diluted share in 2010.
Jean Madar, Chairman & CEO of Inter Parfums noted, “2011 was far and away the best year in our history. Not only did we achieve record sales and profits, but we gained further control over product distribution, executed the largest new product launch in our history, enjoyed major success introducing fresh products for our newest brands, and added three valuable names to our brand portfolio: Balmain, Repetto and Anna Sui.”Mr. Madar went on to say, “Several of our prestige portfolio brands showed stellar sales gains. Notably Burberry sales rose 20% for the year in local currency due to the launch of Burberry Body and the staying power of the brand’s historic lines. With the debut of Montblanc Legend, sales were more than three times greater than in 2010, when legacy brand sales were limited to the second half only. In 2011, we recorded first time sales for the Jimmy Choo signature fragrance which far exceeded expectations; and in the latter part of the year, sales of Boucheron products began. New product launches, including Too Too for Betsey Johnson, and the continued distribution of specialty retail products overseas, were among the reasons for the increase in sales by U.S.-based operations.” On the subject of Burberry, Mr. Madar then added, “Discussions that began in December between Interparfums SA and Burberry on the creation of a new operational structure for the fragrance and beauty business are continuing.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV