US Airways Buys Domain Names for AMR Merger
Among the domain names, usable as either .com, .net or .org sites, are american-usairways.com, americanairlinesusairways.com, usairways-american.com, usandaa.com and half a dozen similar names.
|US Airways has bought Web site domain names it could use if it merges with AMR.|
The registrations were first reported on Sunday by Domain Name Wire, a news source for the domain name industry. The names were registered through DNStinations, an affiliate of brand protection company MarkMonitor."The purchase of these domain names, along with other potential transaction names, is simply step to ensure others do not use our marks in a way that might negatively impact our brand," US Airways spokeswoman Michelle Mohr says. US Airways previously disclosed that it has hired advisers to help it assess the potential for a merger with American. "Although it is not imperative that US Airways participate in further consolidation, we are interested in studying potential value-enhancing opportunities, including a possible US Airways-AMR transaction," Mohr says. -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV