BROOMFIELD, Colo., March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) begins selling its popular ski and snowboard season passes today for the 2012-2013 winter season with the best prices in the industry. Ski or snowboard eight world-class resorts across three states and 24,980 acres, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado and Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in California/ Nevada, more than five to six days in one season and all of the passes pay for themselves.
"With the addition of Kirkwood, this year's season pass lineup offers our guests an epic value with access to the best resorts in Colorado and Lake Tahoe," said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. "The Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass, Epic 7-Day, Summit Value Pass, Tahoe Local Pass and Tahoe Value Pass are designed to provide our guests the flexibility to choose the best pass option for them and the opportunity to experience eight truly iconic resorts next ski and snowboard season."
Following is a guide to help skiers and snowboarders choose the best season pass options for them, based on where they live and how much they plan to ski and ride. All passes are available for purchase at www.epicpass.com.
- The Epic Pass™, the best season pass deal in the ski industry offering unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood and Arapahoe Basin is available for $659. It pays for itself in less than six days.
- Epic 7-Day™ pays for itself in less than five days and is ideal for people who don't plan to ski more than seven days. The Epic 7-Day gives skiers and snowboarders a total of seven unrestricted days of skiing at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly and Northstar, plus Arapahoe Basin anytime during the season for a price of $509.
- The Epic Local Pass™, for $509, pays for itself in less than five days and is perfect for locals who can navigate a few more restrictions. The Epic Local Pass offers unlimited and unrestricted skiing or riding at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin with limited holiday restrictions at Heavenly and Northstar. It also includes a total of 10 days at Vail or Beaver Creek with holiday restrictions. $50 pass holder tickets are also available for purchase during blackout dates at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood.
- Summit Value Pass™ pays for itself in less than four days and is a great option for people who only plan to ski Summit County. The Summit Value Pass is available for $419 and provides unlimited and unrestricted lift access to Keystone and Arapahoe Basin, as well as access to Breckenridge with limited holiday restrictions. Pass holders can purchase access to Breckenridge on restricted days for $50 per day.
- New for 2012-2013, the Tahoe Local Pass™ offers skiing and riding seven days a week to Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood resorts. It includes access on Saturdays at all three resorts with limited holidays restrictions. $50 pass holder tickets are also available for purchase during blackout dates at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood all for $419. The Tahoe Local Pass pays for itself in just over four days.
- Tahoe Value Pass™, available for $379, pays for itself in less than four days and is ideal for people who plan to ski or ride seven days a week at Heavenly and six days a week at Northstar and Kirkwood. The Tahoe Value Pass has holiday restrictions to Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood with Saturdays excluded at Northstar and Kirkwood. Pass holders can purchase access to Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood Resorts on restricted days for $50 per day.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.