Dow Today: Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Unchanged
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 41 points (+0.3%) at 12,963 as of Monday, Mar 12, 2012, 1:40 p.m. ET. During this time, 332.8 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,254 issues advancing vs. 1,669 declining with 126 unchanged. Dow component Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is unchanged at $24.06. Volume for Hewlett-Packard currently sits at 9.8 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 17.8 million shares. Hewlett-Packard has a market cap of $56.58 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. Shares are down 6.1% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 1.9%. Hewlett-Packard Company and its subsidiaries provide products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), as well as to the government, health, and education sectors worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.6, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Hewlett-Packard as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its attractive valuation levels, considering its current price compared to earnings, book value and other measures. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV