The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 29 points (+0.2%) at 12,951 as of Monday, Mar 12, 2012, 12:39 p.m. ET. During this time, 286 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,208 issues advancing vs. 1,706 declining with 118 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), which is sporting a 45-cent gain (+0.6%) bringing the stock to $69.96. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 3.41 points or roughly accounting for 11.8% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for Coca-Cola currently sits at 3.8 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 7.7 million shares. Coca-Cola has a market cap of $154.22 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. Shares are down 0.7% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. The Coca-Cola Company, a beverage company, engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of nonalcoholic beverages worldwide. The company primarily offers sparkling beverages and still beverages. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, above the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 12.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Coca-Cola as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Coca-Cola Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about KO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV