Dow Today: Walt Disney (DIS) Leads The Day Higher, JPMorgan Chase (JPM) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 21 points (+0.2%) at 12,943 as of Monday, Mar 12, 2012, 9:40 a.m. ET. During this time, 34 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,421 issues advancing vs. 1,196 declining with 187 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS), which is sporting a 55-cent gain (+1.3%) bringing the stock to $42.79. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 4.16 points or roughly accounting for 19.8% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for Walt Disney currently sits at 504,200 shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 11.5 million shares. Walt Disney has a market cap of $70.25 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 12.6% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 1.4%. The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.9, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 15.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV