On Sunday, Reuters reported that a deal for the tech and social media Web site could be announced as early as Tuesday. According to reports, Mashable would fit within CNN.com, one of the top news sites in the U.S. by traffic.
Privately held Mashable is seven years old and has carved out a dominant niche presence explaining tech and social media trends via its popular Web site. A prospective deal would be CNN.com's largest acquisition to date, according to The New York Times.
Currently, Mashable is carried on CNN and other highly followed news sites like ABC News.-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV